Applications are becoming a part of our everyday life, therefore there should be no reason one should be with out a good healthcare app. There are many choices provided in this article so take a moment to review each and see what will be best for you!
There’s an App for That
One of a doctor’s primary responsibilities is to promote healthier lifestyles for their patients. Apple’s trademarked phrase, “There’s an app for that,” rings true in the following list of popular health and wellness apps that doctors can recommend. These apps are fairly advantageous in monitoring basic everyday things like caloric intake, physical activity, and biological functions, thus encouraging patients to observe and maintain their health habits.
- iTriage: Allows users to check symptoms, conditions, diseases, as well as find doctors and treatment facilities. The app also provides a list of medications, when and how they should be used, side effects, etc.
- Stress Check: Users can easily analyze their physiological stress levels by using the camera lens of their mobile device to measure their heart rate variability (HRV).
- Epicurious: Offers thousands of nutritious recipes for users and easy access to shopping lists for convenience
- RunKeeper: Ability to track distance traveled, calories burned, and pace kept for exercise such as running, walking, hiking, etc. in order to produce an accurate report of physical activity.
- Period Tracker: This useful app enables women to simply monitor their menstruation cycles, as well as keep track of symptoms, moods, ovulation cycles, and fertility.
- 7 Minute Workout: Quick workouts with easy 30-second, but high intensity exercises, that help to increase metabolism and add a little physical activity into the user’s day
- My Fitness Pal’s Calorie Counter: Log each meal, snack, drink, and fitness activity to monitor calories consumed or burned and meet your daily goal. The app also allows users to share progress with friends as a source of support and motivation.
- I’m Expecting: Designed for pregnant women, this app provides updates regarding the baby’s growth and development, forums for expecting mothers to communicate with one another about important questions, and a calendar to keep up with doctors’ appointments.
Author: Apoorva Anupindi