Using ICD-10 in PrognoCIS
PrognoCIS EMR is a Meaningful Use Stage 2 certified and ICD-10 compliant solution. The October 1st, 2015 ICD-10 implementation deadline has passed and we have proven our software has been updated to include all of the ICD-10 codes with a straightforward workflow that allows providers to quickly find the required codes.
- Archived webinars highlighting the simple dual coding process and other ICD-10 video tools are available to members at no charge.
- To stay up to date with PrognoCIS and EHR related news, click here for the PrognoCIS e-Newsletter to be delivered to your email inbox
- eRx will be sent with both ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes
- A list of PrognoCIS ICD-10 tested and verified clearing houses, labs and PMS
- Alerts are built in to notify if an ICD-10 code has not been used or if there is a duplicate
- View our ICD-10 Readiness FAQ document to learn how PrognoCIS is prepared for ICD-10
Schedule your complimentary live demo to learn more about the ICD-10 workflow within PrognoCIS and see it for yourself.
What is ICD-10?
The International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision (ICD-10) is a set of codes, developed by the World Health Organization, that aims to help providers identify diagnoses for their patients. Introducing over 68,000 new codes, ICD-10 is designed to be much more specific than the current ICD-9 codes. Although the program was delayed for two years, it was finally implemented in the United States on October 1st, 2015.
As a little bonus, we’ve created cartoons of some of our favorite ICD-10 codes for you to enjoy. Get them delivered to your inbox by signing up for our newsletter.
ICD-9 to ICD-10 in PrognoCIS
Finding your ICD-10 code is made easy with PrognoCIS. As shown in the image to the right, you can simply click on the ICD-9 hyperlink within the PrognoCIS application to open the search box. From there, you will be able to select the corresponding ICD-10 code and easily update it in the Assessment screen.
Visit our ICD-10 blog page to stay up to date on the latest news.
- The Jam-Packed, Official Last-Minute ICD-10 Survival Guide
- ICD-10 Will Move Forward Regardless of Government Shutdown
- Why ICD-10 Will Not Be The Next Y2K
- ICD-10 Coding Delay Approved by CMS for Four States
- 10 Tips for the ICD-10 Transition
- Three ICD-10 Resources to Improve Your Fall Harvest
- CMS Clarifies ICD-10 Flexibility: Return of the Guidelines
- Is Dual Coding Practical For ICD-10?
- U.S. House Introduces ICD-10 Dual Coding Bill
- CMS & AMA Unite in the Face of ICD-10
- Top ICD-10 Codes for Independence Day
- ICD-10: A Blessing in Disguise