July 15, 2013: Bizmatics is pleased to announce the release of the next phase of its well-received iPhone® PrognoCIS EHR application, which is available for free through the Apple iTunes® app store. The initial release of the app was the entry into mobile physician documentation and prescription writing. Since the importance of mobility in the medical industry has grown exponentially over the past couple of years, medical provider interface usability is the driving factor behind the latest update, which also focuses on improving patient safety.
The most appealing new feature of the updated app is the Dragon® (created by Nuance) speech recognition option. This feature provides clinical documentation solutions for physicians and medical staff. It captures the physician’s narrative to document care in the EHR – anywhere, any time. Additional benefits of this new feature include:
- Increased point-of-care time between physicians and their patients, enabling physicians to have more dedicated time for speaking with their patients and accurately documenting their story.
- Decreased costs in medical transcription by increasing the productivity of medical transcriptionists. Healthcare organizations can do more with their in-house resources, reduce or eliminate overflow outsourced work, or decrease the cost of outsourced transcription since it’s faster to edit than to type.
- Improved staff productivity by transforming clinician dictations into formatted draft documents that medical transcriptionists can quickly review and edit, as compared to traditional medical transcription.
- Reduced document turnaround time often from days to hours. The new feature supports patient care, increases clinician satisfaction, and shortens billing cycles.
- Improved workflow and quality through streamlined processing of medical records, from dictation and transcription through document distribution and electronic signature.
Additional features include: the ability to start and close the encounter; the ability to enter the physician’s assessment and plan, along with their notes for HPI/Vital/ROS/Specialty/Physical and ICD/CPT/HCPC; and the ability to view the entire document list.