PrognoCIS EMR Equipped with Clinical Speech Recognition by Nuance®
July 14th, 2014 – San Jose, CA. Bizmatics is pleased to announce its integration with Nuance Communications® to provide a seamless dictation feature on its iPhone App. By integrating the PrognoCIS iPhone app with Dragon™ cloud service, doctors and clinical staff can now dictate their chart notes and letters on any iPhone® and iPad®, and have it converted to text in their medical records. This powerful feature in PrognoCIS® helps doctors with keeping their records up-to-date at any location.
“We’re thrilled to add this feature to our growing community of PrognoCIS iPhone and iPad users. Hundreds of providers who are already using PrognoCIS on their iPhone regularly can now dictate and complete their chart notes” says Vinay Deshpande, CEO of Bizmatics. “Updating their charts instantly allows doctors to provide high quality of care and maintain accurate charts.”
Benefits and Features Include:
- 3-5xs faster than typing: Most physicians speak over 120 wpm, but type less than 40 wpm. Speech recognition lets you document in less time while on the go.
- Robust medical vocabulary: Cloud-based speech means you’ll always have access to the latest medical dictionary, terms, phrases and clinical formatting rules. Organizations and individual users can also customize their personal medical vocabularies.
- Speak at your own pace: Speak naturally without having to wait for recognized text to appear on screen or navigation commands to be recognized using SpeakAhead™ technology.
- Visualization and feedback: Visual indicators tell you where speech is enabled, when audio is being captured and displays audio recording levels to ensure a seamless experience.
- Voice navigation and commands: Navigate and make corrections using your voice or control audio capture and text corrections using familiar gestures on mobile devices.
- HIPAA-compliant speech recognition: Speech-related data is communicated over 256-bit encryption channels to ensure end-to-end security.
- Shared speech profiles: Individual user speech profiles, including custom vocabularies and templates, are sharable across select mobile, web, and desktop applications.
PrognoCIS EMR and Practice Management software is developed and marketed by Bizmatics, which provides clinical and business productivity suites and services to the healthcare providers market. Bizmatics’ solution set includes: PrognoCIS EMR, Billing Services, Scheduling, and Patient Portal. Operating in Silicon Valley, PrognoCIS has been developed using the latest innovations and cutting-edge Internet technology. PrognoCIS EMR and other products are used by hundreds of medical professionals across the United States including Alaska, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.