Dermatology EHR Software
Customizes your workflow to meet your requirements and your patients.
Dermatology EHR software
Dermatologists specialize in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases of the skin, hair, and nails. Dermatologists treat over 3000 skin conditions ranging from acne to skin cancer. They are trained to carry out skin grafts, laser treatments, excision of lesions, and more. Dermatology is one of the most versatile specialties treating patients from all age groups dealing with either inflammatory, inherited, environmental, occupational or malignant skin diseases.
PrognoCIS understands the complexities in the diagnosis and treatment of dermatological disorders. Our Dermatology EHR is therefore built with custom features, reports, and dermatology-specific templates to match the needs of Dermatologists and provide them with easy access to patient history, treatment, test results and more. Our Dermatology EHR also includes procedure templates along with Patient education materials.
Dermatology EHR software Quick Overview
Dermatology EMR Software Advantages and Varieties
Professionals who plan on operating and expanding their dermatology practice will need to work with the best practices and solutions in order to ensure that they have all of their clients’ records as carefully stored and categorized as possible. The right software can make a tremendous difference, particularly for practices that are starting to build their patient database and will need something that can help them manage options efficiently in the future. Like any type of software, learning more about what EMR software can provide for your business can be one of the best ways for you to plan ahead for the future of your practice.
What is Dermatology EMR?
Dermatology EMR, like any other medical EMR system, is a type of software that is designed to organize patients’ records and provide medical professionals with an easy way to access and update medical information as necessary.
EMR stands for electronic medical record, and these options may come with a broad variety of different advantages and according to the software itself. Individuals can look forward to improving overall patient safety and care, though the use of these systems in the United States is still relatively low. Recently conducted surveys found that only about 4 percent of all ambulatory physicians have reported having the opportunity to work with a functional and extensive electronic records system, and only 13 percent had reported that a basic system was available for use.
In the field of dermatology, in particular, there are few EMR software options available. Many locations can benefit from the introduction of such a system because of how seamlessly they integrate billing options into the software. This allows all types of practices to pull up payment information as well as patient records and data in order to get the job done more efficiently.
Like with any other such options, interested professionals should be sure to plan ahead in order to make the most of their future software. There are numerous dermatology-based software products available that can make a tremendous difference in the workplace, and knowing what advantages and disadvantages to expect from the different varieties can allow you to make more informed decisions.
Desirable Dermatology EMR Features
When choosing dermatology EMR software, it is vital to select systems that can provide you with a broad variety of integration features. You want to get the most out of your software because it can streamline the management process of many other aspects of your dermatology practice. As such, it is always recommended to keep some of these additional features in mind in your software solution.
As your practice begins to draw more clients, you will want an accurate way to keep up to date with their medical information. In all types of medical fields, accurate charting is one of the best ways to keep up with your regular workflow. Good EMR software makes it so that all of the difficult clerical functions of charting are handled by the software, leaving medical professionals with more time to focus on solutions for clients. The right type of software makes it easy to update information as soon as possible and focus on communicating with patients to get the desired results.
One of the most basic and vital features that good EMR software will have is an option for billing management. You want to make sure that all of your patients’ billing information is kept up to date and accurate as often as possible. Make sure that the software is integrated and that the usage process is relatively painless. You want to see how easy the software can make it send bills and reflect the appropriate information in each bill. If the software integrates well with other payment systems, you can look forward to a much more versatile usage experience.
Another vital feature that good EMR should have is workflow management protocols. No two dermatology practices are ever the same, and you want software that will be able to provide you with customizable management options to suit your specific set of procedures. Good software can be personalized to know the exact order of operation to help users save time in future care. Comprehensive software can also make it easy for new users to learn how such systems work. Some of the most common features include the opportunity to set up automated reminder emails and appointments to keep clients up to date.
Good dermatology EMR software should always offer some variety of prescription options, with e-prescribing being the most recommended. Through such features, individuals will have the opportunity to transmit and print all of their prescriptions electronically, while also updating client prescription information as necessary. These systems are highly customizable, allowing you to change information such as the sudden appearance of potential drug allergies and undesirable interactions. Make sure that two-way communication options are available to keep up with pharmacies as necessary. Familiarity with pharmaceutical databases is also recommended, especially as you expand your dermatological practice.
Evaluation Coding Options
Compliance features in your EMR software can be invaluable. You want to make sure that you have software that will allow you to work with management and evaluation documentation standards. These are especially vital to help you ensure that your healthcare payers will have all of the information they need to payout. When you begin to work with more patients, this type of solution can provide you with a much easier way to manage all of the information that you need for the long-term. Things such as complete medical records and physical exam findings will allow you to make more informed decisions regarding the future of your clients.
Lab integration options can be invaluable as your business gets bigger. Much like with all types of e-prescribing services in your EMR software, you want to have the opportunity to electronically monitor the analysis and delivery of test results and samples. Make sure that you opt for systems that allow for two-way communication where possible in your EMR solution.
One of the best ways to create a more interactive experience for your clients is to choose a system that comes with an integrated patient portal. This option makes it much easier for your patients to keep up to date with all of their medical information, effectively allowing them to stay on top of their dermatology needs. Through these portals, they will be able to look through recent visits, medications, allergies and even lab results.
Planning for Maintenance
Before finalizing any of your software decisions, it is strongly recommended for you to work with your IT department in order to make sure that you will be able to cover any potential issues that could rise up during the implementation process. You want to aim for as close to 100 percent uptime as possible, especially as your business starts to expand and you need to manage more and more clients.
Because you will be using this software so regularly, it is vital for your employees to know how it works. This means planning ahead to make sure that sufficient training is available for your employees, and that the appropriate lines of communication are established so that potential issues are fixed as soon as they come up.
Dermatology EHR Software Workflow:
- Fully integrated Dermatology EHR and practice management solution; access patient records, document hospital rounds and prescribe medication remotely. Our Dermatology EHR Includes Rx Helper, a powerful prescription analytics tool that uses millions of de-identified prescriptions.
- New and returning patient treatment plans for common HPI complaints: acne rosacea and vulgaris, atypical moles; diagnostic templates: front, side, right and left lateral views; procedure templates: biopsy of skin, curettage. Patient education materials are available: basal cell carcinoma, common growths; or import your own.
- Scalable from single physician clinics to large, multi-location and specialty; cloud-based or client server models deployable. Seamless communication between practice and labs, radiology, pharmacies, and referring doctors.
- Multiple methods of data entry, such as point and click, voice and handwriting recognition; complete scheduling management and health reminders; e-prescription and lab automation. iPhone and iPad compatible; new iPhone App feature: Dragon voice recognition.
- Our Dermatology EHR is HIPAA compliant and ICD-10 compliant; CCHIT, ONC-ATCB, and Meaningful Use certified; HL-7 interfacing.
- Store and capture patient data quickly, securely and intuitively. With PrognoCIS Dermatology EHR, you and your staff can easily document patient data using multiple data entry methods such as point & click, voice recognition and handwriting recognition. Once data is contained within the Dermatology EHR, Prognocis allows for lightning-fast retrieval using an intuitive search functionality that allows you to search across your entire patient database based on specific requests.
- No more hunting for missing charts.
Alert staff about patient health info, and decrease your liability. Keep staff aware of patient health maintenance, allergies, drug-drug interactions and more with frequent, timely updates, EHR notifications and alerts.
- Communicate seamlessly with other medical facilities. Whether you need to share data with a laboratory, another physician or a pharmacy, PrognoCIS Dermatology EHR makes it possible. We support multiple interfaces for the purpose of improved inter-office communication, collaboration, and overall patient care.
- Practice more efficient billing. Each complaint within PrognoCIS has ICD codes assigned to it, making billing easier. Our software also enables you to confidently charge the appropriate level of service based on your encounter using our built-in E&M coding. Additionally, encounters are quickly converted to billable EDI and paper claims for fast reimbursements.
- The latest technologies for your practice. PrognoCIS works with a variety of devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets and even smartphones.
Our cloud-based technology allows for easy access to the Internet using a standard web browser.
To facilitate the transition, we assign all healthcare professionals a qualified implementation manager. This specialist’s job includes: gathering pertinent information, such as provider demographics, NPI number and Surescripts DEA number; coordinating the implementation of billing and lab interfaces; helping physicians get the Cosmetic Surgery EHR set up to match their practice’s workflow; and training a point of contact at the practice on how to use the EHR.
The implementation process typically takes 6 to 8 weeks, but it can vary from one practice to the next.
We also offer a scanning and attaching service that’s cost-effective and time-saving. Attaching the now-scanned documents is the added value from our scanning service, other benefits include: digitizing your existing paper charts; having quick easy access to patient data that’s accurate and secure; and receiving HIPAA-compliant quality control. Since each practice is unique and the size of the practice is individualized, please discuss your needs with your PrognoCIS representative for an accurate price quote. Time and price varies depending on need.
Sign up for a quick Discovery Call from PrognoCIS EHR
Please fill out the fields below
* These fields are required.