Customer Success Story – ENT and Allergy Clinic
The ENT and Allergy Center provides otolaryngology, audiology, and allergy care to patients of all ages. Dr. Cashman, board-certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology specializes in treating patients with allergy and sinus problems. He along with his care team focuses on providing patients with personalized and high-quality medical care.
- Steve Cashman, Md (Otolaryngologist) – Member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology
- Providing patient care for people spanning all ages
- Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Specialty: Otolaryngology, Audiology, and Allergy
How it began:
The practice caters to several Medicare patients. Due to the increased regulation and requirements for MIPS, the practice was looking for certified EHR (Electronic Health Record) technology. An EHR System certified to the standards set by the Office of the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology (ONC) and one that supports all the performance categories of the CMS’s Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
The other criteria for EHR selection for the practice included an EHR that was cost-effective and provided all the required modules and solutions that supported the requirement of the ENT and Allergy patients. To suit their day-to-day needs, the practice was also looking for an EHR that was highly customizable and had drawing capabilities to show ailments and allergies pictorially.
What are your practice goals?
Hearing loss and allergies are common conditions affecting a larger number of populations. ENT and Allergy Center’s goal is to drive its business forward, to educate and provide treatment to all who are affected by these conditions. Their mantra is “providing high quality care with a personalized touch.”
What problems were you encountering prior to using PrognoCIS?
Prior to using PrognoCIS, ENT and Allergy Center were using an EMR that was not ONC certified and hence not approved for Medicare. As a result, they ended up paying penalties and missed the incentive money given for showing meaningful use of a certified EHR.
The EMR they used previously did not provide advanced features like patient portal, practice management and billing solutions. So, the center decided it was time to make a switch to an EHR that was flexible, easy to use, and well-integrated with other solutions and services. Their objective was immediate access to the information they needed, allowing them to provide the right care and spend more time caring for their patients.
What solutions did PrognoCIS provide to help you achieve your goal?
PrognoCIS is ONC 2015 certified EHR, so the practice was eligible to attest for MIPS and became eligible for incentives. The practice saved revenues that were earlier lost in paying penalties.
The practice also benefited from the customization of templates. The easy to create templates constructed overly complex report sentences which give a feel of manually written progress notes. A user-friendly EMR, PrognoCIS offers easy navigation and prompts at various levels to remind users if they have missed anything while conducting patient encounters.
Why did you decide to choose PrognoCIS over others?
- The practice found that the software’s design and configuration promoted ease of use in retrieving and sharing data.
- The EMR was ONC certified, helping them gain incentives through MIPS.
What are some of the key features of PrognoCIS that you think other practices will benefit from?
- The price of the software is reasonable when compared to other well-known systems.
- The software is easy to learn and use. It delivers the ability to create templates that can be customized to fit the unique needs of your practice.
- PrognoCIS makes Appointment scheduling a seamless process.
- The support for MIPS attestation will help practices earn good incentives.
- The customer support is reliable and consistent and customer concerns are taken care of in a timely manner.