Integration with EHR
Once a medical service has been provided, the practice is then tasked with properly documenting and coding the service and filing the claim with the insurance company. The use of medical billing software enables physicians to complete this process with just a few clicks. As this can be a vital component for healthcare practice, EHR software sometimes includes such services as an integrated function.
- Appointment scheduling: Allows slots to be scheduled in an organized manner
- Insurance eligibility checks: Confirms that the patient is qualified to be covered for the services provided
- Electronic transfer of claims: Billing data is easily sent to insurance companies
- Automated data transfer from EMR: Integration ensures that data doesn’t need to be entered repeatedly
- Patient statement & billing: Insurance coverage and the billing statement are sent to the patient
- Follow up services: Ensures that outstanding claims are paid off
- Automatic remittance: Electronic posting of payment
Benefits of Medical Billing Services
The electronic process can be beneficial in many ways. Physicians will spend less time on billing services, allowing them more time to focus on patient care. Integration with the EHR software allows an effortless transfer of information to the billing module and the automation of claims processing guarantees efficiency. With a medical billing service, the physician is able to concentrate on other aspects of their practice without the added strain of working through billing hassles. PrognoCIS software provides such an integrated product, offering services such as EMR, practice management, billing, and more.
Author: Apoorva Anupindi