PrognoCIS EMR is a Meaningful Use Stage 2 certified and ICD-10 compliant solution
What is ICD-10?
The International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision (ICD-10) is a set of codes, developed by the World Health Organization, that aims to help providers identify diagnoses for their patients. Introducing over 68,000 new codes, ICD-10 is designed to be much more specific than the current ICD-9 codes. Although the program was delayed for two years, it was finally implemented in the United States on October 1st, 2015.
ICD-10 Compliance in PrognoCIS
The October 1st, 2015 ICD-10 implementation deadline has passed and we have proven our EHR software has been updated to include all of the ICD-10 codes with a straightforward workflow that allows providers to quickly find the required codes.
- Archived webinars highlighting the simple dual coding process and other ICD-10 video tools are available to members at no charge.
- eRx will be sent with both ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes
- Alerts are built in to notify if an ICD-10 code has not been used or if there is a duplicate
Watch Webinar on Transitioning to ICD - 10
ICD-9 to ICD-10 in PrognoCIS
Finding your ICD-10 code is made easy with PrognoCIS
- ICD-10 Impact on Revenue Cycle Management
- Brief History of ICD-10 Implementation
- How ICD-10 Codes are Used
- Revenue Cycle Milestones
- EHR Software Company Partners in Preparation
- Improved User Interface
- Success Through Pre-Testing
- Transition Impact Study & Methodology
- Results and Conclusion
PrognoCIS Best Practices for ICD-10 Implementation
Yes, we support ICD-10 codes in every aspect of EMR and Billing cycle.
Following are the ICD-10 areas in which we have received acceptance and confirmation from our vendors:
- ICD 10 compliance for charge export and with all supported Clearing
- EDI support for both Professional and Institutional Claims with ICD-10 Codes
- Printing of ICD 10 codes on paper claims like CMS 1500 and UB04
- ICD10 compliant Lab and Radiology Interfaces*
*Some Lab and Radiology Interfaces are not yet ready for ICD-10. This is beyond the scope of preparation from PrognoCIS. We will continue testing with these vendors as they also become ICD-10 ready.
PrognoCIS has a provision to identify if a code entered is a valid ICD-9 and ICD-10 code and if a user enters an invalid code and searches for its details then the system throws an error.
The complete functionality of ICD 10 implementation and transitioning has undergone thorough testing, as is the general norm during a software development cycle. Testing begins with the patient encounter, which includes ICD-10 coding, and ends with the submission of a claim.
Bizmatics has partnered with IMO to provide CPT/HCPC and ICD10 mapped with SNOMED.
The IMO Search popup in PrognoCIS has two distinct columns dedicated to displaying ICD10 codes and ICD 9 codes. Refer to figure 1. Similar searches in PrognoCIS have ICD 9 codes mapped to ICD 10 codes and each is displayed in a separate column.
Figure 1 – ICD 9 codes mapped to ICD 10 codes and each is displayed in a separate column PrognoCIS gives provision to transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes easily. All the ICD-9 codes are displayed as a hyperlink for the selection of ICD-10 codes. Upon clicking the hyperlink, a popup listing all the available corresponding ICD-10 codes is displayed. Refer to figure 1. ICD-9 Encounters are distinguished from ICD-10 encounters. Click to Refer Figure 1 Image
Figure 2 – Easy identification of ICD-9 vs. ICD-10 claims visually and through filters Click to Refer Figure 2 Image