What is MACRA?
The Medicare Access & CHIP Reauthorization Act, known as MACRA, presents a new value-based payment system to emphasize patient care. This program combines the Physician Quality Reporting System, Value-Based Modifier, and Meaningful Use to form the Quality Payment Program. Medicare providers can participate through an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM) or the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). The minimum amount of data must be submitted by March 31st, 2018.
For more information, sign up for one of our MACRA webinars and stay informed on your reporting requirements.
Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
MIPS allows providers to earn payment adjustments in 2019 based on their reporting for three categories in 2017: Quality, Improvement Activities, & Advancing Care Information. If you see more than 100 Medicare patients or bill more than $30,000 in Medicare Part B, you are eligible to participate in the Quality Payment Program.
Unsure if you qualify? Check your participation status here:
On Track for MACRA: The Provider’s Guide to QPP
Ensure your practice is up to speed on reporting requirements for MACRA and MIPS with our latest webinar View the complete video or jump to the key points below.
1. MIPS Participation (7:35)
2. Pick Your Pace (11:25)
3. MIPS Reporting (15:44)
4. Weightage & Scoring (30:56)
5. Advanced APM Overview (40:51)
6. Meaningful Use/Medicaid (41:27)
7. Appendices (42:19)
8. PrognoCIS Demonstration (44:17)
Download the slides for On Track for MACRA: The Provider’s Guide to QPP Webinar.
Request an EHR Software Demo
The Medicare Access and Chip Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) aims to reform healthcare by promoting a shift to value-based care. Bookmark this page to stay updated on MACRA, MIPS, and more with our articles.
- New ARRA Dashboard, Import Data Sorted by NPI, Custom Patient Letters
- Celebrating Medical Assistant Recognition Week with PrognoCIS
- PrognoCIS EHR Successfully Deploys MACRA Certified Product To Its Customer Base
- Urology EHR Use Facilitates Active Surveillance as Surgery Substitute
- Do You Know Your MACRA Participation Status?
- CMS Provides MACRA Support for Clinicians In Need
- Telehealth Is Healthcare’s New Frontier, Powered by MACRA
- Avoid MACRA Penalties Based on New Guidance
- Reputational Impact of Providers’ MIPS Composite Scores
- Universal Benefits of Value Based Care
- ACI Program from MACRA to Overhaul Meaningful Use
- Capitation vs. Fee-for-Service Healthcare Payment Models
- How to Prepare for 2017 with MACRA Final Ruling