Charge Entry and Charge Capture
Purpose and Best Practices
What the world of Medical Billing entails:
Throughout your medical billing cycle, the need to enter, store, and retrieve data will arise. The Charge Entry process implies filling in crucial details of patients and assigning the correct amount of $ value to their account. This has to be sans any errors, or it could cost you increased denials. The healthcare provider’s reimbursements depend upon non-erroneous charge entry. It also includes the charge of the service that the healthcare provider has offered. PrognoCIS EHR ensures accurate and reliable charge entry. We follow specific regulations while entering charges from coded documents to avoid data mishaps. At PrognoCIS, we have a schedule as per which we send pending or incorrect information to providers. Every single charge entry is analyzed and audited by our team. We offer you the ability to enhance your efficiency without burning a hole in your or the payer’s pockets.
A few Charge Entry features that we offer are:
- Save favorite codes
- Use charge capture
- Access through web
- Built-in rules engine use
- Denial Analysis
With thousands of charges throughout different healthcare facilities,
- A charge code is associated with a revenue code that links it to the healthcare facilities’ billing systems’ revenue categories.
- Since PrognoCIS thrives on keeping the cycle of payment posting and charging entry in medical billing running. The healthcare providers go through the payment while posting for the partial and low fees and recover costs from patients who have only offered low payments or paid partially.
- It is a system of sending reminders for quicker recovery of the due amount.
- This is an essential step since it determines whether a claim would be rejected or not.
- An erroneous charge entry could lead to increased denials and affect the insurance payer’s reimbursement amount to the provider.
- Now, the process that healthcare providers employ to get paid for their service. It merely involves providers sending a detailed record of the services they provided to different payers or insurance companies to be reimbursed. The process could be quite strenuous if it weren’t for modern technological aid to keep track of data. Money and lives have been saved through this.
Charge Capture medical billing features include but aren't limited to:
• Enter Charge
• Capture charges
• Set up common codes
• Improve claim accuracy
With PrognoCIS EHR, the medical practitioner can use the aid of scheduling to send a regular reminder to outstanding payers and recover payments from those who have only partially paid their dues. Post this, the codes are checked, and the process of claim scrubbing begins. Here, our team aims to eliminate denied claims and rejections.
Charge Entry and Charge Capture are extremely integral throughout the process of medical Billing. Without it, things would end up going haywire with common errors leading to uncommon mishaps that result in an increased claim denial rate. PrognoCIS dissolves this and more.