[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Constantly striving to improve clients’ experiences, Bizmatics is ready to launch the next phase of their PrognoCIS EMR iPhone app (which can be found in the Apple iTunes® store for free). The most anticipated new feature is the Dragon® (created by Nuance) speech recognition option. This innovation will enable the following:
- Increased point-of-care time between physicians and their patients – enabling them to have more dedicated time to speak with their patients and accurately document their story.
- Decreased costs in medical transcription by increasing the productivity of medical transcriptionists. Healthcare organizations can do more with their in-house resources, reduce or eliminate overflow outsourced work, or decrease the cost of outsourced transcription since it’s faster to edit than to type.
- Improved staff productivity by transforming clinician dictations into formatted draft documents that medical transcriptionists quickly review and edit, as compared to traditional medical transcription.
- Reduced document turnaround time often from days to hours; supports patient care, increases clinician satisfaction, and shortens billing cycles.
- Improved workflow and quality through streamlined processing of medical records, from dictation and transcription through document distribution and electronic signature.
Additional new features of the app will include the ability to start and close the encounter, enter physician’s assessment and plan, and view the entire document list. This progress will enhance the mobility of the app and provide clinical documentation solutions for physicians and staff.
Author: Rene Varro[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]