Dragon Speech Recognition
Medical Speech Recognition Software & EHR Solutions Benefits.
By integrating the PrognoCIS iPhone app with Dragon™ cloud service, doctors and clinical staff can now dictate their chart notes and letters on any iPhone® and iPad® and have it converted to text in their medical records. This powerful feature in PrognoCIS® helps doctors with keeping their records up-to-date at any location.
Benefits and Features Include:
- 3-5x faster than typing: Most physicians speak over 120 wpm, but type less than 40 wpm. Speech recognition lets you document in less time while on the go.
- Robust medical vocabulary: Cloud-based speech means you’ll always have access to the latest medical dictionary, terms, phrases and clinical formatting rules. Organizations and individual users can also customize their personal medical vocabularies.
- Speak at your own pace: Speak naturally without having to wait for the recognized text to appear on screen or navigation commands to be recognized using SpeakAhead™ technology.
- Visualization and feedback: Visual indicators tell you where speech is enabled when audio is being captured and displays audio recording levels to ensure a seamless experience.
- Voice navigation and commands: Navigate and make corrections using your voice or control audio capture and text corrections using familiar gestures on mobile devices.
- HIPAA-compliant speech recognition: Speech-related data is communicated over 256-bit encryption channels to ensure end-to-end security.
- Shared speech profiles: Individual user speech profiles, including custom vocabularies and templates, are shareable across select mobile, web, and desktop applications.
What are the benefits of Meaningful Use?
Providers who demonstrate meaningful use of an EMR can realize advantages that extend far beyond incentive payments. Not only do participating providers encourage and participate in a smooth exchange of health information, but they also enable the delivery of higher quality patient care, leading to better outcomes at a lower cost. This is a real value for the entire care community. The benefits of MU are far-reaching, and include:
- Complete, accurate data: Caregivers have access to the information they need at their fingertips, to diagnose problems and provide the best possible care.
- Improved care coordination: Information can be shared instantly across care communities, including physician offices, hospitals, and health systems, leading to better care coordination.
- Patient engagement: With the ability to receive their medical information electronically and share it securely over the Internet, patients can take a more active role in their healthcare and that of their families.
- Improved patient safety: Instant electronic access to information about medications, allergies, conditions and treatment history can greatly reduce the risk of medical errors.
- Healthier patient populations: Crucial data about diseases and outcomes captured at the point of care becomes available to other health professionals locally, regionally and nationwide. Good news for care providers – and their patients.