Making Patient Care Easy During COVID-19
As the COVID-19 crisis continues to expand throughout the United States and across the globe, many healthcare providers are turning to telemedicine. Congress even stepped in, relaxed some of the current requirements that surround telehealth in the middle of this pandemic. Virtual care becomes a way to treat those affected by the coronavirus and prevent further spread of the virus. At PrognoCIS, we’re taking measures to help our customers as they begin using telemedicine even more. We’re here to support you with our Telemedicine EHR solutions to make patient care easy so you can do what you do best – help your patients.
CARES Act Brings Fiscal Resources to Medical Practices
Our Telemedicine Services are Available to Our Customers
Telehealth is a powerful digital tool is providing access to care and treatment to patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. It has also been one of the greatest mediums to keep doctors and medical staff safe and away from exposure.
With virtual care technology, the healthcare community becomes more connected and readily available to patients while ensuring the safety of everyone involved. To support the use of telemedicine in these challenging times, we’re making our powerful Telehealth Solution available to our current customers at no cost for the next three months.
It’s just one way we can stand together with you to fight the spread of the virus while ensuring that your patients receive the healthcare services they need. Whether you’re currently using telehealth or you’re starting to implement it to respond to the coronavirus pandemic, we’re here to help.
Steps We’re Taking to Make Virtual Care Easier for You During COVID-19
Along with offering our telemedicine services to customers absolutely free, we’re taking additional steps to make virtual care easier for you during COVID-19. A few important measures we took include:
We proactively created a Coronavirus questionnaire that is based upon the CDC guidelines. This questionnaire is now available within our EHR to help you screen and diagnose patients for further care and treatment.
Conducting ongoing training and webinar sessions to ensure providers receive the education they need on how to use telemedicine for successful virtual consult sessions.
Some of the webinars that are already available in our telemedicine series include:
General telemedicine information for providers focusing on scheduling the telehealth appointment and conducting a virtual visit successfully
Billing and payment guidelines and tips for claims and reimbursements through telemedicine
Links to COVID-19 and Telehealth Resources and Updates
Staying up-to-date on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and how telehealth utilization to care for patients during this time is essential to the success of your practice or healthcare facility moving forward. We have put together some helpful resources and updates that offer more information on these topics.
- Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act – Recent changes Congress made to some of the requirements surrounding telemedicine.
- Billing for Telehealth Encounters – The 2020 introductory guide on billing for telehealth from CHP.
- Telemedicine Emerges as a Critical Care Option – A closer look at the emergence of telemedicine as a critical care option as healthcare professionals address the COVID-19 outbreak.
- New Telehealth Procedure Codes and Rules – The latest telehealth rules and procedure codes you need to know, updated regularly from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- CMS Booklet on Telehealth Services – A complete look at telehealth services, guidelines, billing, originating sites, and other resources from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- COVID-19 Prevention and Control – Recommendations from the CDC for medical professionals on the prevention and control of COVID-19, which healthcare facilities need to be utilizing for the wellbeing of patients and healthcare professionals.
- CDC Travel Recommendations – Stay current on the latest travel recommendations put out by the CDC regarding COVID-19.
- Track Coronavirus Cases – Track the location of active and confirmed cases within the U.S. and around the entire world with the Johns Hopkins Interactive tracking map. Get a closer look at confirmed deaths and other essential information, as well.
PrognoCIS telemedicine and mobile apps enable providers to remotely access patient records, document hospital rounds and prescribe medication. Solutions scale from single physician clinics to large, multi-site and specialty medical facilities. Practices can communicate seamlessly with labs, radiology departments, pharmacies, and referring doctors.
Other Features Include:
- Multiple data entry methods: point-and-click, voice and handwriting recognition
- Scheduling management and health reminders
- E-prescription and lab automation
- Compatibility with iPhone and iPad (Dragon Voice Recognition integrated into PrognoCIS Telemedicine mobile app)
- HIPAA Compliant; CCHIT; HL-7 interfacing
Sign up for a quick Discovery Call from PrognoCIS EHR
Please fill out the fields below
* These fields are required.