How to keep your medical practice safe from unexpected intruders.
Table of Contents
What is two-factor authentication?
How 2 FA works
Two-factor authentication for your software
PrognoCIS includes 2FA biometric fingerprint authentication. This fulfills the idea that the second step should be something that no one else can possess. If your password was compromised, a hacker could easily log in without the 2FA feature enabled. With fingerprint authentication, a hacker would not gain access even with your username and password.
Fingerprint authentication is simple to enable and use. Patients can find the function located under the profile icon and on the main dashboard. Once you tap on the “enable fingerprint” option, you’re directed to the “OTP Screen”. Once you’ve arrived at this screen, the app will send a one time password to the mobile device on record for your account. You’ll have 30 seconds to use the password to proceed with the process.
Once the password is accepted, the app directs you to a screen to scan your fingerprint. From there, your unique fingerprint is saved as a secondary authentication method.
After fingerprint authentication is enabled, a confirmation email is sent to the account on record and the option is added to your login screen. Once it’s enabled, you’ll also have the option of using your unique fingerprint to log in, rather than your username and password. If you decide at any time to discontinue using your fingerprint authentication, you also have the option of disabling the feature.
PrognoCIS, offers this feature for patients and physicians. When the feature is enabled, no one would be able to access your account, even if they had access to your device. Fingerprint authentication is one of the most secure methods you can use to protect your information. The feature is easy to set up and can be enabled or disabled based on your preference. We do highly recommend using it to keep your data secure.
How PrognoCIS meets your cybersecurity needs
- N – Not Required. This setting means that your 2FA is disabled. This is the default setting for your PrognoCIS and you will need to manually change it in order to take full advantage of the security offered by two-factor authentication.
- O – Optional. This setting allows individual users to determine whether or not they will use two-factor authorization. Your users can set up their own 2FA on the Master Screen.
- M – Mandatory. This is highly recommended. It mandates the use of 2FA for all users.
Other features include:
- Quick patient registration
- Appointment module with reminders (TEXT, Telephone call reminder- integration with inphonite)
- Waitlist feature
- Email reminders
- Health Maintenance, Follow up due, upcoming appointments
- Insurance Verification thru Trizetto
- One-touch scanning
- OCR card scanning- ID and insurance card
Integrity/ Open Edge Credit card processing for co-pay collections and bill pay
Patient portal web based as well App (My Health Records)
- iPhone app for physicians
- Intake forms Medical history – Facesheet
- Multiple facesheet layouts to display and track the data
- Lab, Radiology and Vital matrix
Notifications for Lab and rad review
- Order management
- Referral management tracking
- RFA (Request for Authorization) Module
- CCD and CCR files export/import
- Secured messaging, N2N
- MIPS/MACRA Certified
Sign up for a quick Discovery Call from PrognoCIS EHR
Please fill out the fields below
* These fields are required.